Wednesday, April 13, 2011

“Kindle and Ads: Coming Soon to a Kindle Near You”

Amazon Kindle eBook Reader

Image by goXunuReviews via Flickr

So the big news of the day is Kindle's decision to launch a new Wi-Fi Kindle this one complete with ads. Yes, that's right, I said ads, as in advertisements. I know what you're thinking just what I need more ads. Now I have a Kindle and love it, but I’m not sure how I feel about this new concept.

Now hold onto your hat as here's the real kicker. This new Kindle is only priced 25.00 cheaper then the current Kindle 3 Wi-Fi edition. Huh????? Only 25.00 cheaper? The idea itself is great, but my thought process is they should cut the price in half. The ad free version is 139.00 and this one is 114.00. Now if they offered it for 75.00 you'd have my attention. But a savings of 25.00 is just not enough to make this a winning plan and my hunch is the majority of people will agree with me.

The ads won't be shown within the ebooks rather they will appear as screensavers and on the home screen of the device itself. The actual ebooks that are downloaded will not be affected. So it's not like you'll be reading a book and have some annoying ad pop up in your face. The ads will be subtle and part of the user interface. You'll even be given some say in the types of ads that are shown. You can pre-order one now with shipping to begin on May 3rd by going to  http://tinyurl.com/45x2kjw

Again, not a bad idea but for this to take off Amazon needs to go back to the drawing board on the price. Please leave your thoughts and comments below.


For more information see:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/04/12/amazon.kindle.ads/
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/technology/12amazon.html
http://mashable.com/2011/04/11/kindle-with-special-offers/

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan Alverio8:46 AM

    I noticed that you'll be a professional in your blog! I am starting off a webpage soon, along with your tips can be very used in me. Appreciate your your entire assist as well as dreaming everybody the actual success within your business enterprise. branded apparel
    I noticed that you'll be a professional in your blog! I am starting off a webpage soon, along with your tips can be very used in me. Appreciate your your entire assist as well as dreaming everybody the actual success within your business enterprise. branded apparel
     

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments.